AIRLINES THAT SHIP LIVE ANIMALS
DELTA CARGO 1-800-352-2746 ALASKA HORIZON AIR 1-800-631-1500 UNITED AIR CARGO 1-800-822-2746 AMERICAN AIRLINES 1-800-334-5299 Air Canada 1-866-615-1155
Delta Air lines
THE FOLLOWING WAS TAKEN FROM WWW.DELTA.COM
At Delta, we take the time and care to ensure every animal travels safely and comfortably with our Delta Pet First™ service. There are several different options available to get your pet to its final destination, including being brought into the cabin with you, checked as baggage, or being shipped.
Rest assured that your pet will be treated with the same comfort and care you have come to expect from us.
Some states may require a health certificate for your pet. Your veterinarian, the U.S. Department of Agriculture at 800-545-8732, or the Department of Agriculture of the state you are traveling to may provide you with more information.
Pets As Carry On
Your pet can travel with you in the cabin for a one-way fee of 125 USD/CAD* (to be collected at check-in) for travel within U.S./Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico (200 USD/CAD/EUR* for travel outside the U.S., excluding Brazil where the fee is 75 USD/CAD/EUR*). Fee is $100 to/from/within Asia.
Pets permitted in the cabin include dogs, cats, and household birds. The following restrictions apply:
- Your pet must be small enough to fit comfortably in a kennel under the seat directly in front of you. Maximum carry-on kennel dimensions are determined by your flight. You must contact Delta Reservations to determine the appropriate kennel size.
- Your pet must remain inside the kennel (with door secured) while in a Delta boarding area (during boarding and deplaning), a Delta airport lounge, and while onboard the aircraft.
- Your pet must be at least 8 weeks old.
- You may not carry on more than one pet.
- Your pet in-cabin counts as one piece of carry-on baggage.
- If you're traveling to Hawaii, your pet won't be able to go with you in the cabin, and other restrictions may apply. See Pets to Hawaii for more information.
- *CAD amount will be charged exit Canada, and EUR amount will be charged exit Europe. Fees established by the contract of carriage in effect at the time of ticket issuance will apply.
Exception: Two pets of the same type may be allowed in one kennel, for example two dogs or two cats. They must be small enough to fit in one kennel provided they are compatible and must be of the same species, size and each weigh less than 20 pounds; and they must meet the requirements of acceptance. They will be charged as one pet.
Also, Delta limits the number of pets per flight, but only one per passenger, to:Class Number of Pets Allowed First Class 2 BusinessElite® 2 Main Cabin 4
Pets are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Call Delta in advance at 800-221-1212 to arrange to bring your pet on board.
Pets As Checked Baggage
(you will not do this with an 8 wk old pup).
While the environment your pet travels in is temperature-controlled and pressurized, air travel is likely to be a stressful experience. To ensure your pet's comfort and safety and your peace of mind, review weather, health, and kennel Requirements & Restrictions for important guidelines.
- Cats, dogs, household birds, guinea pigs, rabbits, and hamsters are accepted as checked baggage.
- Primates, including lemurs, monkeys, orangutans, gorillas, and chimpanzees will not be permitted (excluding service animals).
All other animals, including reptiles, must be shipped as cargo.
You can transport a total of two kennels per flight. Giant-size kennels can only be shipped as cargo. Additional restrictions apply according to aircraft and class of service.
The one-way fee for checking your pet on all flights is 200 USD/CAD/EUR* for all travel (except Brazil where the fee is 75 USD/CAD/EUR*). Travel to/from/within Asia, the fee is $230. If you and your pet are making a transfer to another airline, be sure to allow time to claim your animal and re-check it with the connecting airline. For additional information or to arrange to check your pet as baggage, contact Reservations.
*CAD amount will be charged exit Canada, and EUR amount will be charged exit Europe. Fees established by the contract of carriage in effect at the time of ticket issuance will apply
In observance of the upcoming Christmas and New Year holiday, Alaska Air Cargo will modify our hours of operation at some locations over the holiday weekends. Please note that the Cargo Service Center will be closed on Christmas day, Saturday, December 25th, but will operate as normal on New Year's day. The Cargo Service Center is available seven days per week, 7:00am to 7:00pm (PST) at 800-2ALASKA.
Please take a moment to review the Christmas Holiday schedule and the New Year Holiday schedule. These are both also posted on www.alaskacargo.com.
Alaska Air Cargo wishes you and your family a safe and Happy Holidays. Thank you for shipping with us.